Cape Moon



Back in September when I was in Provincetown, there was an almost full moon almost every night I was there- not quite full until the very last night. Which drove me a little nuts wondering when I should film it. Would it be a clear night when it was full so that I could capture it? As it turned out, it was. I had actually biked out to Herring Cove beach to photograph the sunset when I noticed on my return journey a huge pink moon rising up above the grass beyond the beach car park. I went to see what it looked like on the town beach- beautiful, conjuring up the colors of an impressionist painitng. I then strung it up on a necklace of colored lights and framed it under Capt Jack's Wharf. Finally I raced over to the beach just outside town where it was high and majestic, the pool of light it cast an even match for the car lights on the road to Truro beside it.

Full Size
Soundtrack : Neil Young's Harvest Moon.